Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Bike! ?


I dint want my friends to put an interrogation (as if "do u have it still?") on reading the title and so I did it myself. Don't worry guys... am not goin2 story here!

One single bike - Bajaj Pulsar, black - steered my life wide away from the direction I was walking along..! Consistent drive > 50kmph since its first service, always longing for a good reason to go on a long ride - best being the ECR chennai-pondicherry 2 hours drive, frequent freak outs with (g)friends, one penalty for wrong parking in Tambaram RPF staff area, first falldown - scratch on left shoulder+ >1500 bucks repair, second hit at the back of chennai's most vulnerable "thanni lorry" - 0 phys risk + 1500 bucks for head light replacement, third but biggest scenic event at koyambedu junction - made few two-wheelers, an auto-wala, a brand new maruti omni, a tata indica and a tata sumo to park their damaged vehicles at nearest police stn to claim insurance + left wrist fracture + 4 weeks medication + 6k bucks repairing, last - but not least, truly - hit against a median wall in the centre of a highway + communited fracture on right knee patella bone + a major surgery + 80k bucks spent on hospitalization alone + 4 months bed rest + Loss of Pay + 25k debt + 20% weight loss + under medication status till date + insurance claim overhead expense of 4k towards 17k total + loss in resale transaction of 20k bucks, is the summary of my 10 months life with the bike.

"Is that all?" is what u think?... Na... Na... The brave guy who bought the pulsar from me, ignoring sentiments of a multi-accident bike, broke his right knee, but with less severity. Same leg, same knee, same kinda pain yet a bit little expensive than me! - Alas! its definitely (g)ale!

Today, I feel pretty comfortable with "TVS XL Super", a cost-effective, good mileage moped. Quite easy in handling (other than my biceps pain for just holding the bar), lightest in weight, I feel it my ideal match! Could have gone for a 100cc bike like splendour - less powerful, less weighing and good performance - but me not being able to kick, as of now, and waiting for the accident's anniversary to bed down for a second surgery followed by another 6 months of medication and physiotheraphy, i dont find a better option for atleast 2 years from now. Save some money, save some energy, gain some weight, settle down soon and relax in a four wheeler is what i dream of :-)

Guys - no lessons to tell you - just a hint - drive slowly, reach safely!

1 comment:

செல்வேந்திரன் said...

A real experiance is always had its credit(sometime debt) whether its gud or bad ;)

Keep on going (its for writings...not for acci_ _ _ _ )...